Our book is now available for purchase!
This is the first comprehensive manual of teaching guidelines and curriculum presentation for teaching Pilates to young people.
The book includes:
- A manual of guidelines for teaching Pilates to young people
- A formal curriculum for teaching Pilates in schools
- Why Pilates is beneficial for children age 6 – 11 and adolescents age 12 – 19
- Crucial anatomical, psychological and behavioral developmental issues
- Other relevant topics necessary to equip the Pilates teacher with the confidence to expand his/her business into different age ranges, such as:
- safety considerations, exercise contraindications, scope of practice, and ethics
- considerations for working in the public and private sectors
- information on how to work with respective age groups including pre-Pilates exercises and warm-ups
- appendices which cover marketing practices and lesson plans
Pilates for Children and Adolescents is written by authors who are experts in the topic areas covered, under the auspices of the Pilates Method Alliance. www.pilatesmethodalliance.org.
The book will be of use to Pilates teachers and those delivering training courses on this topic, as well as to others who work with children and adolescents in the fields of physical education, personal training, sports training, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and the like.
Pilates for Children and Adolescents – $49.95